The goals of the HSGO are:
- to improve the quality of care in GI oncology in a multidisciplinary way;
- to enhance and promote teaching in the field of GI oncology by organizing scientific meetings and symposia;
- to stimulate research in digestive oncology;
- to develop protocols and guidelines for the benefit of patients and medical care;
- to actively support and participate in national and international investigator-driven clinical trials.
For these purposes, the HSGO collaborates with other national or international societies: